A fire sprinkler activated and prevented a catastrophic loss at the Pure Apartments in the 4100 block of Pure Street in St. Peters, Missouri, which is still under construction.  A faulty heating and air conditioning unit caught fire on Saturday March 30, 2019. Central County Fire & Rescue (CCFR) crews arrived on the scene and discovered heavy smoke on the first floor.
Investigation they found a wall mounted heating and cooling unit that had caught fire and was extinguished by a single sprinkler head, preventing the fire from extending past the room of origin.