The city of Town & Country had a fire sprinkler save at Maryville University on Friday Jan. 19, 2018 at 23:08. The fire was at the Elm Apartments at Maryville University. Elm Apartments is a 15 unit apartment building. The fire was in a trash can in the bedroom. A smoke alarm sounded and notified [...]
Gateway Fire Protection responded to 5450 Brown Ave in the Union Seventy Complex in North St Louis. A boiler blew up at Balicor, which apparently recycles oil. Apparently, when the boiler blew, it pushed fire out into an area that had many chemicals. Four heads activated and put out the fire.
A fire sprinkler save at an off-site student housing at SIUE occurred on September 5, 2017. The Enclave apartment building in Edwardsville, Illinois was sprinklered with a 13R System by Boyer Fire Protection several years ago and they provide the system maintenance.
The Second Annual Home Fire Sprinkler Summit was held March 23, 2016 at the Springfield, MO Police & Fire Training Center. Springfield Fire Chief David Hall and Missouri Fire Sprinkler Coalition Chairman, Cape Girardeau Fire Chief, Rick Ennis welcomed the crowd of 70 people to the Summit. Jessica Sexton, Missouri Sprinkler Coalition PIO, gave an [...]
St. Louis Firefighters responded for an apartment fire on March 30, 2016. Arriving firefighters found a fire in a second floor apartment which had been extinguished by the automatic sprinkler system. The occupants had been burning candles on the bed in the master bedroom.
There was a sprinkler save June 25, 2015 at a Smoothie King in a strip shopping center located at 12599 Olive St. Rd. in Creve Coeur, MO. An electrical fixture in the bathroom ceiling caught fire and caught combustibles in the bathroom on fire. A 165 deg. fire sprinkler head fused and put the [...]
The Missouri Fire Sprinkler Coalition held their first annual Fire Sprinkler Summit at the Holiday Inn East in Columbia, Missouri on Tuesday March 10, 2015. Missouri is one of 22 states to have a Fire Sprinkler Coalition. Coalition Chairman, Cape Girardeau Fire Chief Rick Ennis, welcomed over 50 attendees to the inaugural summit and provided [...]
In St. Louis, MO on Saturday October 25, 2014, Fire Alarm dispatched a first alarm for a fire in a building at 812 South Vandeventer. When companies arrived, they found that the sprinkler system had extinguished a fire involving a piece of machinery in a warehouse. Capt. Mike Corson StLFD
On Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 9:48 pm a First Alarm assignment was dispatched for a report of a fire in apt. 208 at the Renaissance Apartments at 3217 Martin Luther King Drive. St. Louis Fire Department Captain Mike Corson reported that one sprinkler head, located in the bathroom, extinguished a fire involving a bath towel [...]
The activation of a quick response sprinkler head prevented a major fire at the Psychology Building at Washington University on Tuesday July 15, 2014. Two separate fires were set on two floors. Clayton Assistant Fire Chief Paul Mercurio said the fires were incendiary and are under investigation. The structure is 3 stories, with a [...]