On Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 9:48 pm a First Alarm assignment was dispatched for a report of a fire in apt. 208 at the Renaissance Apartments at 3217 Martin Luther King Drive. St. Louis Fire Department Captain Mike Corson reported that one sprinkler head, located in the bathroom, extinguished a fire involving a bath towel [...]
The activation of a quick response sprinkler head prevented a major fire at the Psychology Building at Washington University on Tuesday July 15, 2014. Two separate fires were set on two floors. Clayton Assistant Fire Chief Paul Mercurio said the fires were incendiary and are under investigation. The structure is 3 stories, with a [...]
On February 28, 2014, at 2:41 PM a fire was reported at the Suntrup Ford dealership in Kirkwood. The fire was on the exterior of the paint booth but extended to the interior of the paint booth through the ventilation system. The employees had started to fight the fire when the sprinkler activated inside the [...]
A fire at the Clayton Corporation which manufactures valves and plastic parts on February 12, 2014 was under control in less than an hour thanks to the successful operation of the fire sprinkler system. The fire was within a spray booth inside the Lab and Quality Control area where employees were testing foam. The fire [...]
2058 hrs, 2-24-14 St. Louis firefighters responded to the Metropolitan Lofts, 500 North Grand- Apt. 707. The occupant left a pot on the stove, then proceeded to the gym on the first-floor and worked-out. The unattended pot caused a fire which activated one sprinkler head in the kitchen area. The 17’s were the first company on [...]
On February 21, 2014 at 2314 hrs, St. Louis firefighters responded to the Loft Apartments at 1023 Spruce, 3rd floor, for a kitchen fire extinguished by sprinkler system.
St. Louis firefighters responded to a 1st Alarm Fire in a High-Rise residential building at 4451 Forest Park on March 4, 2014 around 6:15a.m. On arrival of a residential high-rise, firefighters found that the sprinkler system in one apartment located on the 14th floor had activated onto a kitchen fire. The fire was out on arrival. The [...]